7/21/2012

Road Trip USA part 5.5 - An Awesome Refurbished ART Hotel: The Artbreak Hotel


While I was in NYC seeing an amazing concert (see George Watsky blog) I stayed at one of the coolest hotels I’ve ever seen. The Artbreak Hotel or Ye Olde Carlton Arms Hotel originally.

The entrance stairwell
Each room was designed by different artists around the world and when I arrived the owner gave me two pairs of keys so I could decide which room I wanted to stay in. 

The room I chose!
The opposing wall
And my window!!

I fell in love with the second room, which suited me quite well I think - means as I am completely obsessed with trees. Also, there was a man who was climbing up the mountains and the trees and stuff. It was pretty cool. The first room was black and white and I liked it a lot, but it just didn't feel as warm.

Art explosion in the hallway to my room
After dropping my stuff off, we took a look around. Even the bathroom and shower room (which I opted to share- they have rooms with private bathrooms also) were decorated with intricate tile art, like modern mosaics with larger tile pieces.

Don't worry, no one is watching you pee... well, except this 6 eyed guy... don't worry about him...
I felt like I was showering in an aquarium! Only difference is there wasn't a sucker fish sucking the algae off my toes...
The location was perfect also, because it was only 3 or 4 blocks from the concert and 6-7 blocks from Madison Square Park!! Where Mike and I were heading to eat when we randomly met George Watsky on the street before we ate and went to the concert! 

View out of my window! So BUSY! ALL THE TIME. It's like this city never sleeps or something...
Personally, this place was worth it! And it was only 80 bucks, half the price of the creepy Super 8motel I stayed in the night before, and way cooler and in NYC…

At the other hotel, I would have thought I was going to die if this were to have been my door.... but here it's just... vintage.
Needless to say I got a great night’s sleep before heading out on my adventure to Baltimore to see Jenni and Greg!!

Walked down to ask the robots for my car
First step in visiting Jenni and Greg: Getting my car out of the auto parking garage. The platform just took her away, then placed her over other cars. No human is even in the garage!!! No one drives or touches your car!! WHAT!?!?! and this is cheaper than the parking garage in Boston??? haha
My ticket for the robot machine to get my car

No comments:

Post a Comment