5/03/2017

Void

I lost you in the darkness

I saw you slip through my fingers
and I knew that I’d never see you again.

You were a strong and beautiful woman,
careless and at ease.

Every night, we’d talk about the future
excitement in our eyes.

But one day, I didn’t smile back at you
I was trapped in a disease.

Life was drained out of me
by two heavy hands.

The darkness entered
as the light drained out.

My breath weakened
and fear crept in.

I grew frail and tired,
scared and weak.

I couldn’t shake the sickness
He followed me everywhere.

Sleepless nights and hot showers
did not rid me of him.

You tried to reach out to me,
But I shut you out.

I cried in silence,
hoping you’d keep trying.

But all that was left,
was a shell of who we used to be.

You are my past,
I am your future.

But who am I now, if not you?
And who are you, if not me?

If only I could reach back
and bring you here.

Erase the scars of time
and start over again.

He took me from you,
and I lost myself.

When I look in the mirror,
I am someone else.




......
Piece was submitted to and written for a Prose Challenge #theProse #ProseChallenge #itslit https://theprose.com/post/157046/void 

No comments:

Post a Comment